Templates and Resources
The APU has made available for easy access, several relevant resources that UCT staff may need to consult as follows:
- Preliminary Conceptual Framework of the Curriculum Change Working Group
- Terms of Reference of the Curriculum Change Working Group
- Curriculum Change Working Group Seminar series for 2016
- UCT Staff can access the various templates required for stream and qualification approval. For a guide to their completion, please refer to Academic Planning Guide for the approval of new courses, streams and qualifications at UCT.
- The Higher Education Qualifications Sub-Framework is the qualifications framework for higher education and facilitates the development of a single national co-ordinated higher education system. All qualifications are aligned, or are currently undergoing alignment to this Framework
- The Classification of Educational Subject Matter (CESM) booklet: as all higher education institutions are required to classify the subject matter embedded in their fields of study and courses in standard ways, for reporting purposes, this document may be consulted for the relevant CESM codes.
- The NQF level descriptors set generic standards at the NQF levels. Descriptions of the descriptors from NQF 5 – 10 are available for reference.
- The Introduction of a new qualification template is to be completed when applying for a new qualification. The template conforms to the online accreditation system, which is used to submit applications for accreditation. Upon completion it should be returned to the APO.
- The Introduction of a new stream template is to be completed when applying for a new stream in a generic qualification. Upon completion it should be returned to the APU
- The new course approval form is designed for capturing information on new courses. Once completed it should be returned to the relevant faculty manager.