The main functions of the Institutional Planning Department (IPD) are to:
- Provide research, information and advice to support institutional planning, monitoring and decision-making,
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the institution, and
- Enhance the responsiveness of the university to development challenges facing South Africa.
We believe that we play a vital role in enabling the University to be responsive to the goals and needs of the University Community and the wider society. We are committed to working collaboratively with partners within and beyond the University.
IPD staff strives to:
- Acknowledge requests for IPD services within 2 working days, except in exceptional circumstances.
- Respond to requests for data/information/advice within two weeks. Priority will be given to internal (UCT) business requests.
- Display integrity and professionalism in all that we do.
- Treat all our clients with the same diligence and respect.
- Provide accurate and reliable services.
- Maintain stringent professional standards with regard to confidentiality.
Help us to help you by:
- Providing us with timeous, relevant and specific requests including accurate and complete details. Unclear or altered requests may take longer to complete.
- Respecting our responsibility to ensure that UCT meets national and institutional policy requirements, as well as specific legislative requirements with regard to access to information.
- Treating us with courtesy and respect and acknowledging receipt of information or services provided by the IPD.
- Providing us with feedback on how we may improve our services.
We value your feedback and we use it to continuously improve our processes and service delivery. If you experience any difficulties with our services please communicate with the person dealing with your request in the first instance, and only escalate the issue to the line manager if the problem persists. If your problem persists please contact:
- Jane Hendry (email@example.com) if the problem involves staff in the Institutional Information Unit.
- Lisa Cloete (firstname.lastname@example.org) if the problem involves staff in the Quality Assurance Unit.
All IPD staff are expected to be in the office by 9.00am. We are located in the Bremner Building, Lower Campus. Please contact us by email if you wish to set up an appointment. The contact details of staff can be found on the IPD website http://www.institutionalplanning.uct.ac.za/