The main functions of the Institutional Planning Department (IPD) are to:
- Provide research, information and advice to support planning and decision-making,
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Enhance the responsiveness of the university to development challenges facing South Africa
The department’s values are:
- Fairness and equality of opportunity for staff.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with partners within and beyond the university
- Open communication and building dialogue within and outside the department.
- Integrity, respect and transparency in personal and collaborative action in the pursuit of excellence in everything we do.