- Provides support, management information and reports for institutional planning, monitoring and review processes.
- Conducts institutional research on identified problems and administering a cycle of surveys to obtain feedback from stakeholders on the quality of UCT’s services.
- Manages the cycle of academic and PASS reviews.
- Promotes awareness of developments in the higher education environment.
- Promotes awareness of good practices within the institution.
- Facilitates academic planning.
- Creates an enabling environment for strengthening the University’s responsiveness to development needs facing South Africa.
- Helps the university to broker partnerships with external (non-academic) constituencies.